Childbirth & Parenting Workshop
For those in Sydney, learn about birth and parenting face-to-face in a supportive small group environment
Looking for a more intimate face-to-face experience?
Want to meet other expectant parents?
Our One-Day Childbirth & Parenting Workshops are now live!
Capped at 10 couples and led by two highly experienced midwives, these Workshops empower you with everything you need to know about Birth & Parenting in a streamlined one-day format.
This Workshop is perfect if you want a face-to-face antenatal class and the benefits of a group dynamic.
All face-to-face classes include a full 12months access to the online Childbirth & Parenting Program to complement your learning
What we cover in the Workshop
Pregnancy & Birth
- Warning signs during pregnancy
- Signs and stages of labour and when to go to hospital
- Hormones involves in labour and how labour begins
- Coping strategies for labour including breathing, massage, positions, visualisation and more
MORNING TEA BREAK
- Birth preferences
- The role of the support person
- Vaginal birth
- Pain relief available, including advantages and disadvantages for mum and baby and appropriate timing
- Instrumental birth
- Caesarean birth – procedure, anaesthetic and recovery
- Normal newborn characteristics
- Tests and immunisations offered and community resources
- Special care nursery & jaundice
- Breastfeeding and expressing
- Parental adjustment and emotional wellbeing
AFTERNOON TEA BREAK
- Nappies, wrapping and bathing
- SIDS and safe sleeping
- The best baby products to buy and setting up your nursery
- Settling techniques and what to expect from normal newborn behaviour and sleep in the early weeks
HEALTH FUND REBATES MAY APPLY DEPENDING ON LEVEL OF COVER
Classes run on a Saturday from 9am to 5pm in Crows Nest, Sydney.
There's a maximum of 10 couples to ensure an intimate environment, easy access to experts and the ability to meet other expectant parents.
The Workshop condenses all the essential information on Birth and Parenting into one day, with regular breaks to eat, mingle with other parents and ask questions.
The event will be COVID-safe.
The $650 per couple cost includes the full-day workshop led by two highly qualified midwives as well as a range of handouts, checklists and guides for later use.
Lunch, morning and afternoon tea and refreshments will be provided.
You'll also get 12 months access to Sarah's online Childbirth & Parenting program, allowing you to access bite-size modules to revisit what you have learnt on the day though a premium platform. This also gives you ongoing access to live Q&A calls with Sarah if you have any ongoing questions while pregnant or with your newborn.
The classes are run by Sarah Tooke, an award-winning midwife with over 15 years experience and 10 of those spent educating thousands of couples in birth and parenting at a leading Sydney private hospital. Sarah's also a mum of 2 boys so can blend the evidence-based information with what really happens!
Sarah is joined by Pip Guest, a fellow midwife with 20 years experience at a leading Sydney private hospital, specialising in the postnatal period and newborn care.
Due to overwhelming demand and the intimate setting, all Workshops are expected to sell out!
Book your tickets now to get access to one of Sydney's only small group childbirth classes hosted by two top midwives and childbirth educators.BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW