For those in Sydney, learn about birth and parenting face-to-face in the comfort of your own home
Private sessions allow you to draw on my years of knowledge and experience, ensuring your course is tailored to you and gives you all the information you need.
Private sessions cover everything that's shared in a hospital-based program (and more!) at a time that suits you.
A one-on-one service means we can focus on the information that is relevant for you, your pregnancy and your family. You also get to ask all your questions along the way!
For first-time parents we typically need 8 hours to cover the content with plenty of time for discussion. This is usually structured in 2 x 4hr sessions so you can absorb all the information. Classes are available Monday to Saturday during the day or evening.
All sessions are tailored to meet your specific needs and content is completely flexible. Shorter sessions are available for those having a planned caesarean or as a refresher if this isn't your first. Content can also be tailored for those having multiples.
You can share the session with close friends, reducing the cost for everyone involved and learning from each others experiences. You don't need to be at exactly the same stage of pregnancy as the content is tailored for you.
Topics covered in private classes
Note these topics are a guide only as course content is tailored to your personal circumstances.
Pregnancy & Birth
- Warning signs during pregnancy
- Signs and stages of labour and when to go to hospital
- Hormones involves in labour and how labour begins
- Coping strategies for labour including breathing, massage, positions, visualisation and more
- Birth preferences
- The role of the support person
- Vaginal birth
- Pain relief available, including advantages and disadvantages for mum and baby and appropriate timing
- Instrumental birth
- Caesarean birth – procedure, anaesthetic and recovery
- Normal newborn characteristics
- Tests and immunisations offered and community resources
- Special care nursery & jaundice
- Breastfeeding and expressing
- Parental adjustment and emotional wellbeing
- Nappies, wrapping and bathing
- SIDS and safe sleeping
- The best baby products to buy and setting up your nursery
- Settling techniques and what to expect from normal newborn behaviour and sleep in the early weeks
HEALTH FUND REBATES MAY APPLY FOR THESE CLASSES DEPENDING ON LEVEL OF COVER
Live in Sydney and interested in private classes?
Give Sarah a call on 0424 278 840 or share a few details and we'll be in touch