Caesarean & Parenting Program
Caesarean & Parenting Program
Be empowered with everything you need to know for your planned caesarean and how to navigate your first few months as parents.
This program is blends the best in online bite-sized content you watch when and where you want with direct access to Sarah in Q&A calls.
No more spending 8 hours of your weekend stuck in front of the computer with dozens of other couples.
Learn from one of Sydney's best midwives who will help ease the fear, overwhelm and uncertainty and get the confidence to have the best birth possible.
Here's what's covered in this program
- Get a better understanding of the female body and how we are built for pregnancy and childbirth
- In-depth overview of the amazing process that births your baby
- How to look after your body during pregnancy including your abdominals and pelvic floor
- Warnings signs in pregnancy that indicate you should call your caregiver
- An overview of the reasons for planned and unplanned caesareans
- Understand what to expect in a caesarean section with a detailed walkthrough of the procedure, who is in the room and what happens after birth
- The varying anaesthetic options that may be used
- Learn what perinatal anxiety and depression is and the importance of looking after our emotional as well as physical wellbeing
- Understand the red flags that may indicate you need help
- Where to go to get help
- What to expect in the early days of breastfeeding
- How to know if your baby is hungry and whether they've had enough
- How to get a good attachment, and positioning options
- Practical demonstrations of how to prepare to feed, hand express and identify proper sucking
- Understand what your newborn baby will look like and early tests and immunisations
- A parenting expert's top tips for feeding, sleeping and settling
- All about crying, routines and how to sleep your baby safely
- How to wrap and bath a baby, change a nappy and baby massage tips
- The best baby products to buy
Body after baby
- Advice from an expert women's physio on recovering from abdominal wall separation
- How to care for your pelvic floor after pregnancy and childbirth
- Signs of prolapse and what you can do now to avoid it happening
Hi! I'm Sarah!
I know you're excited and nervous all at the same time, which is why you can trust me to empower you with the knowledge to have a positive birth experience.
As a mum, midwife and childbirth educator for over 10 years I've seen and heard it all, and I can't wait to meet you in our program.MORE ABOUT ME
What makes our program different?
Access our amazing content anywhere, anytime from your device of choice. Watch all at once, over a number of weeks, or even re-watch the parenting modules after baby has arrived.
Live Q&A Calls
Join Sarah and other expectant parents on live Q&A calls to have your specific questions answered. Calls are run regularly over Zoom and you book into a session that suits you.
Watch live demonstrations of how to bath and wrap a baby, how to change a nappy, massage your baby as well as downloadable guides and checklists.
Your questions answered
Does this cover the same content as a hospital course?
What's the difference between the programs?
How does the course work?
Does the course start at a set time?
How long is the course?
Is the course claimable on my private health insurance?
How much access do I get to an expert?
How do the Q&A Calls work?
Can I rewatch the videos?
Who are Gidget Foundation Australia?
How do I choose an antenatal course?
There's so much jargon thrown around... it's no wonder you feel overwhelmed and confused! In this short video Sarah will explain what evidence-based means and why it's so important, how being scared at this time is normal, why her birth doesn't matter and what makes these programs so different from anything else out there.
What others say about Sarah
Sarah & Martin Slapp
We cannot thank you enough! Your knowledge, expertise, professionalism and topics covered were above and beyond but everything was very informative and important. We still learnt and gained so much from you even though we had done our own research as well. You covered extremely valuable topics which no other hospital experience provides! I will recommend your services to everyone as this was the most helpful thing I have done in this wonderful adventure!
Jen & Andy Hollands
Sarah’s classes were outstanding! Her knowledge and expertise is undeniable and she made us feel so much more at ease with the birth of our first child. We really appreciated the fact that all her information is evidence-based, practical and with no agenda. Sarah is open and compassionate, and it's obvious she loves helping new parents prepare for this exciting, and perhaps overwhelming, time in their lives. I highly recommend Sarah’s courses!
Buy this program now
Be the best grandparent possible and get the latest information on everything that's changed since you had kids in a brand new online Grandparenting Program. Learn about key changes in pregnancy, sleeping, wrapping and why no one uses cabbage leaves anymore!